Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Precious Desktop Revealed~


 It's another day of relaxing alone in my dorm. Huhu~ Last night I've could only managed to download only one episode of Engine Sentai Go-Onger. This is because of the unstable line from my Maxis Broadband due to heavy rain. What a waste of time. If the line was okay last night, I've could get 3-4 episodes of it by now. Back to the activity for today, I'm just sitting in front of my desktop listening to my mp3s while waiting for the download to finish. By the way, this is the picture of my desktop :-

 

Nice isn't it? I've bought this desktop two years ago for RM1350. I'd prefer using desktop than laptop because it can be easily maintained and if any of it's hardware broke down, I can easily bought a new hardware for it in a lower cost than a laptop. It's durability is also more than a laptop, I've used to turn it on for a long period of time without shutting it down and it still in good condition. Just for the downside, I can't bring it anywhere that I want it to. Hehehe~ Here is the specification of my desktop :-

 

Processor : AMD AthlonII X2 250 3.0Ghz AM3 2MB L2 Cache
Mainboard : MSI K9N6PGM2-V2
RAM : 1.5Gb DDRII 667Mhz Kingston
Hard Disk : 160Gb Seagate Barracuda SATA2 + 500Gb Western Digital Caviar Green SATA2
Graphic : On-Board Nvdia GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 256MB
Casing : PowerLogic Futura 220 (Orange)
Display : ViewSonic VA503b 15' 1024x786 pixel resolution LCD
Speaker : Regular Desktop Speaker
Input Device : Sensonic Slim USB Keyboard U2 + E-View USB Optical Mouse
Internet : Maxis Broadband Power Plan Electric Modem
Operating System : Windows XP Service Pack 3 Vista Enhance

Quite simple right? Maybe some people will say that this specification is a basic one, but for me, I'm quite satisfied with it's low cost and good performance. I'm not using any graphic card because my on-board graphic quite enough to fulfill my everyday tasks and activities, although I had to admit, my desktop will slightly slowing down when it comes to do some graphical task such as photoshopping and video editing. I'm also not an extreme gamer, so I think I won't need a graphic card anytime soon.


Some of you maybe wondering why that I still using Windows XP until now rather than using a brand new Windows 7. The answer is Windows XP can support more softwares that I'm frequently using than Windows 7. But still, I'm also had frequently servicing and formatting others laptop and desktop using Windows 7. It is because they want to feel the excitement using the Windows 7 that comes with new graphical interface and functions. For me, I feel more comfortable using Windows XP. But hey, when the time comes, I'll be using Windows 7 also okay. :)

P/S : Wondering when the time will come for me to be using full open source system like Ubuntu and Fedora.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...